Transformation cost: $19.12
Status: Available
Having abandoned a sports theme on another project I decided to do it on this bulletin board instead.
 |
| I began by printing two copies of a Georgia Bulldog image and spray gluing them onto contact paper. I then used a craft knife to cut out all the black areas on one image and all the red areas of the other to create two different templates. I was careful to include "bridges" on the black template so it would hold together until it was on the board. |
 |
Next I applied the black template to the center of the cork board, masked off the remaining area and
sprayed several coats of Krylon Short Cuts Flat Black spray paint. |
 |
When the black paint was dry I covered all but the frame.
After priming I applied several coats of Krylon Short Cuts Gloss in Red Pepper. |
 |
| Now it was time to add more red. I applied the red template over the previously painted bulldog. Then I divided the corkboard into three equal width vertical stripes. With the frame and the center strip (except the template) masked, I applied several coats of Krylon matte Poppy Red spray paint. |
 |
| I finished by strengthening the flimsy frame with L-brackets at each corner and some additional staples to secure the cork inside the frame. |
No comments:
Post a Comment