Transformation cost: $23.99 (with supplies left over)
Status: On my patio
It took several passes before I could envision this pot as anything but gaudy.
When I did finally pick it up in my truck (this sucker weighs 37 lbs - I was not about to carry it the half a block to my house) it rolled over and spilled dirt all over my truck bed.
However, knowing the value of a heavy, clay pot like this I decided it was worth giving it a second chance.
![]() |
| After a good scrub and a light sanding I applied the base coat of Behr "Outdoor Cafe" in semi-gloss. |
![]() |
| I then applied crackle medium to everywhere but the rope detail |
![]() |
| At this point the top coat color I chose was paler and more yellow than I wanted so I applied some Sepia "Tint It" which gave it a slightly darker and more aged look. |
![]() |
| I finished the piece with a couple of coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Enamel |






No comments:
Post a Comment