Friday, December 15, 2017

#5 Safari chair



Transformation cost: About $18

Status: (Hopefully still) In a classroom at my local middle school

Just a day after my last post it snowed, and some of that snow still has not melted; it hasn't exactly been ideal weather for painting and there's been little to no progress on any transformations!
Fortunately I have this little ace up my sleeve.
I do feel slightly like I'm cheating with this post since this transformation took place in May 2015, more than 2 years before I started this blog. However, it is an old favorite of mine and it does meet all the criteria to count towards my goal. I picked up the chair from a neighbor's trash and transformed it into an end-of-year teacher gift. My inspiration came from the fact that Africa was part of this teacher's Social Studies curriculum. 

I had recently painted a zebra tissue box cover for my BFF in England
(and then one for myself) so I had some practice painting an animal print.

Unfortunately I neglected to take of photo of it in its original state (unpainted) so the "Before" pic here is after it had been cleaned, lightly sanded and primed.
The animal prints were painted with 4 or 5 different colors of acrylic craft paint. The finishing touch was a couple of coats of clear polyurethane.

No comments:

Post a Comment