Transformation cost: $27.30
Status: SOLD and in its new home in Decatur, GA
Even though the flat surfaces of this piece were ugly, beveled, veneered particle board, the tapered legs and upright pieces are solid wood with some attractive detailing. I instantly knew I could make it look elegant. A fortuitous accident with a paint finish resulted in exactly the look I was hoping for; a cracked, aged finish in elegant gold & heirloom white with (in places) touches of the almost black original color.
| The first step was to remove one of the pieces of particle board; to be replaced later with something much more lovely. |
| I removed the legs and gave everything a good clean and a light sanding. |
| Next I applied a coat of Kilz Complete oil-based primer, followed by Rust-Oleum metallic gold paint, followed by Rust-Oleum 2X Ultra Cover in heirloom white satin finish. |
| The finishing touch was to install the new glass table top. The finished piece is a lovely, elegant table perfect for someone who wants to show off their reading collection! |


No comments:
Post a Comment